Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Should I still be a student?

It's true... I'm a student, a part timer to be specific... I take Korea class since December last year (gigih.. :P)

The reason and the only reason I took this class is just for fun.. I truly enjoyed it, it also help me as a problem reliever... And it was going well until last month...

Last month I had finished Level 1 - Yay!!! Good job! I can read Korean now.. understand few words and can bragging about that to my friends... hehehe... The total 10 people in my class is very nice.. we were happy will our effort... Then, the question came out.. "Do you want to continue for Level 2?"

Being an 'adventurous' me.. :-P, I want to continue to Level 2.. Yay! It was fun and I can meet new friends.. It was something out of my routine and also I can relieve some tension... I knew I was not a bright student when come to language but I survive Level 1 and it was not that bad...

Level 2 begin.....

It was a major step up... The new teacher is good and ................. serious, strict, energetic and demanding... Huhuhu... We got homework and all other students seem so good... Now, every time before class started, I feel restless.. She will ask question us (in Korean) and wait for student to answer. I feel pressurize to answer the question (in Korean also), when it come my turn and if I can't answer she will pointedly asked me, which part that I don't understand.. And then she will ask the class and they can answer it! Arghhhhh... this always happen... Me, a bad student!

It is not that I'm not trying... I did.. well maybe not as much as others.. but... Language is my nemesis.. It is like I want to be a singer, but I can't sing.. I don't have the talent... But I really wanna be a singer. The same with language.. I love to learn language.. I tried Arabic, German and Spanish before but I was so bad.. Now I tried Korean and I gave it a little more effort.. but, still I'm so slow.. Should I give up? Learning Korean is for fun.. that was my reason.. But I was not so much fun anymore... Instead of a tension reliever it becomes the source of my tension.. I still have 2 more classes to go before the next payment... I'll give myself 2 more trial and see how it works for me... 

Here some pictures:

Me doing a homework...

 Me studying...

 Me trying to remember words by write it down at my office whiteboard.. It's in my own office, so it's okay :) Hoping by looking at it all the time will help me memorize it
Me sticking some note at the side of my Computer to make it easy for me to memorize it...

See, I'm doing this much but maybe I'll admit defeat soon... Everything is too much. I hate being stupid in the class. I must admit.. language is my weakness. I spent my whole life learning English and still not good at it. How can I be optimistic in learning Korean?

No comments: