Sunday, June 27, 2010

The good :-) and the bad :-( news....

The gap between these two things is just a few hours... So, right now.. I have a mix feeling.. :s

First, the good news...
Yesterday... Finally it's time for me to do the experiment at the cyclotron facility... All my calculation, laboratory experiment is being prepared for this... I'm excited and nervous (a bit) at the same time.. What I'm gonna do if it doesn't works? Then.. when the moment of truth came... YAY!!! It's working.. and it is as I predicted... My advisor suddenly said... "oh, that's mean the calculation is correct".. I'm like.. What??? (but still happy la).. Did he didn't had a confident in me??? huh... c-mon, I'm 100% sure my theory and calculation is correct.. if something going wrong.. is the machine's fault.. :P hehehe... So, I did had a good day.. A very good day indeed...

Here come the bad news... Now I think, maybe it is not good to be too happy.. coz then the bad thing will happen.. :(((

Because I'm so happy... I give myself a break... I play the whole day (play means not doing my thesis - recently always stay in lib or lab till midnight.. huhuhu) and become energetic and can't sleep.. Before sleep, as usual.. surfing the internet and read manga (reading japanese comic is my daily xtvt here).. Suddenly, my laptop go green... the vertical bright green lines appeared and then hang... I restart.. and dang! my laptop monitor color look like being put in the blender... everything mixed together... The monitor have a vertical green background.. ala the matrix.. and then it's hang again.. I cannot use high resolution.. only can be open in safe mode environment.. I immediately back-up all my important data by guessing where certain button was.. because my screen is like being put in watercolor... I did back-up everything... But I'm a bit deepressed with this situation... Right now, I gave the laptop to my friend so he will see if he can help me.. Most probably, the problem is the video card... I won't buy sony again... This is my 1st Sony laptop and I only used it for 2 years... Not enough time to give me problems... Furthermore.. It's VAIO! I bought it because I thought it worth my freaking money!!!

Right now, I'm using my friend's old laptop if I need to do something important.. But I really need my laptop.. EVERYTHING is there.. huhuhu... For time being... I will be a permanent resident of computer lab.. my friend's laptop doesn't has word 2007... and it's slow... But I'm thankful for having it...

Dugaan~~~

2 comments:

purp said...

congrats! u deserve a break to celebrate the success.

well, speaking of the laptop, mine is still good & no problem so far. maybe urs due to the spillage of water that had happened b4..

Saira said...

Thanks Purp..

About the laptop.. ntah la maybe sebab tu.. but i don't think so.. aku ada baca review yang this happen to someone else as well.. anyway.. aku tak suka vaio la... my screen pun already have lcd problems previously (3 dot of lcd bad) tapi tak very obvious can be ignored.. since aku kat sini tak leh pi complained.. So, overall aku tak berapa suka laptop ni.. dulu pakai twinhead ok je.. 3 tahun no prob... Next time I'm gonna buy something else.. don't know what yet.. And I love windows7..