Friday, June 10, 2011

Memory Lane series 2

Now the journey continue... (previous series: #1)

Oh, I just realize that I didn't mention the reason I went to Germany. it's actually for a project collaboration between Malaysia and Germany. So, I was there to learn :-D. I indeed learned many things.

I was introduced to Lodoi as my official tourist (? :P) guide by Heinz. And the best thing happen to me, I got bicycle! Yay!!! I had my own transport, hence I got my freedom. The institute actually provided bus, but it was only one trip go and one trip back and I don't like being bound to schedule.. So, having bicycle with me is like a blessing from god. Hehehe... And the trip is about 6km.. /o\ My first week riding back and forth is hell but it get better after that. Heee ;-). Lodoi was a great friend. He showed me a different route for bicycle rider, he also went shopping with me, thought me some German words (for shopping or course). He was an excellent and patient guide. I feel so lucky! On top of it, he was cute! Hehe..

I've been there on winter time. This was my 1st experience of winter. I feel so good! :-D jakun le katakan... If I stay back late, I'll make sure Lodoi will be back with me coz the bicycle road will be dark and quiet. A bit scary.. Sometimes I went back with Sue.. All the pictures above taken at bicycle route.. It was a special route for bicycle user - so it's safe! Right bottom pic is me in front of a frozen lake.. :-)

But I tell you, my instinct of survival is excellent. After sometimes, I was the one who guided Lodoi a shorter route to office. He was so impressed by me that he told everyone about that. He said, he had been there for almost 2 years but never knew that route! Hahaha... The truth is, I was friendly enough to have many friends at the guest house. And most of us used bicycle to go to work. Lodoi needs to be more friendly and be out of his circle a bit. :-D

This is Lodoi and me!  He was my guide, photographer, shopping partner, language teacher, eating partner, etc. above all, he was my good friend..:-) I owed him a lot! I was lucky to meet such a nice person. He was a quiet person until he got drunk.. then he will talk a bit more.. just a bit more. So, he was better drunk? Hahaha.. His is from Mongolia and doing his phD under Heinz.. Tell ya, he will get angry if I said Mongolia was once China, he said China was once Mongolia... He even told me the history of Mongolia.. Hahaha...

You know what? At first i thought Germany is a weird country. Well, maybe all Europe like that. :-P They closed the shops at 6pm on week days and at 2pm on Saturday. Sunday? All CLOSE! Waaaaa!!! That's mean if I wanna shop, I need to go back earlier and wake-up early on Saturday. Sunday will be the most boring day of the week. I don't have my own laptop and I don't have tv in my room. But I have my sweet smile! HAHAHA... So, I randomly went to common room where they watched TV and have a chit chat with whoever. I'm telling you.. I was the one who started the tradition of cooking your own country dish to your neighbor. (Oh, I'm so proud!). You know what?I don't do most of the cooking! I just request!!! HAHAHA!!!! No kidding! Well, I did help them cooking tho.

On top left is when we were having Indian dinner. Somehow I'm the only girl showed up. I got my hand reading that time. It said I'm gonna be rich! hehehe.. Next picture was Italian dinner, Luiji invite his Italian friends and cooked for us, special vegi spaghetti for me! Nasi ayam is my request to Ann. Top right is when we had dinner party at Sue and Sao apartment. Two middle picture on the left was when Alexander cooked traditional German dishes.. Bottom left was a welcome party for Luiji mom. next bottom picture where Ann and me invite our office friends for lunch. The very middle picture was my farewell party.. We all cooked including me! Hehehe... On the right pic was guys cleaning the dishes.. Hehehe.. This explained why I was not loosing any weight that time! HAHAHA!

I also went to some other places nearby to visit on weekend. Since I had only 2 months.. That's mean I had 8 weekends. The first two weeks was mingled time. Getting to know your environment and making friends. Approach them and plan the idea of traveling into their head :-P. Do puppy face, gotta made people love ya! Haha.. well I'm half kidding! The most important thing is to make sure you used ur time wisely!

Ok I'm gonna stop here today... Until next time! and thanks for reading! :-DDDD

No comments: