Sunday, May 31, 2009

Live from Changi Airport, Singapore

A long journey home and an excited and exhausted one at the same time...

By chronological order:

From St Louis to Kennedy, NY

again, I've been in NY but this time only the airport.. The flight from St Louis was delayed because of the traffic nonsense (for me la).. Hence, when I arrived at Kennedy Airport.. the time is very tight and I still don't call Net10 (my cell phone provider) to deactivate the line for two months... And while waiting in a long line.. I'm struggle to understand the accent of Net10 operator to go through the process... Then it's done! I need to do so because I've been told that the deactivated can not be done online.. troublesome...


From NY to Frankfurt

The flight is full.. Pack! Ok.. Congratulation Singapore airlines for a good business (whatever) but tell you the truth.. I'm spoiled! Sitting in economy class give me a hard time.. I can't even sleep, watch movie or calm down.. It was so tight! I keep imagining my comfortable bed... Thinking about how comfortable the last long flight (while coming to usa) Thank you JPA for the business class.. This is really suffering for me... I'm angry with the situation.. This is a long long long flight.. Arghhh...

But thank god.. I have someone to complaint with.. (as that make me a little calm).. I sit next to a German who born close to Juelich. So, we have a nice chit chat.. We talk about Germany and USA in general... He is a Prof. from Cologne attending a seminar at New Jersey.. So, we talk about Carnival (one of the biggest parade in Germany), Juelich of course and Cologne.. It bring back memories for me.. I like Juelich.. a very nice small town close to Aachen.. I spent 2 months there in 2005.. And he also happen to live in Aachen before. So, then I remember that I need a water to take my medicine.. And when we stop at Frankfurt.. He gave me 3 euro to buy water.. I don't ask for it but I can't say no.. It will be rude.. Furthermore, I need euro.. I don't think they accept USD or RM there.. So, I'm glad for that.. So, thanks for 3 euro mineral water.. (mahal nak mampus air kat German ni)


(1 hour 45 minute transit)

From Frankfurt to Singapore

Nothing much happen inside the flight.. Since I'm taking my medicine.. I can sleep but still I can't watch a movie.. The sit beside me empty (Thank god!) That German guy stop at Franfurt. So, I feel a little comfortable this time and I also begin to accept the situation... The food not so bad.. The flight still pack but not as pack as before.. Less european faces and more asean looking people now... Nothing to do with me.. So, whatever...


Now ~ 3 hours transit to Kuala Lumpur..

Ok.. It's cliche.. But I feel hot.. Ha ha! Jangan complaint ok.. The grass is always greener on the other side.. LOL! Anyway... I'm so tired and I hope my baggage is OK... c u next time... And We Asean is always the most generous.. Malaysia/Singapore always have a free internet excess at airport... Can't said the same for USA and Europe..

;-)

3 comments:

PurPlè said...

when i went back to msia tht day, i couldnt sleep at all... but i managed to watch 3 movies, friends... cartoon, play games... since almost 24 hours x tido, aku bgn pukul 8am hari ahad... sampai 7am hari isnin (2pm waktu msia), rasa mcm zombie. but once the flight landed in klia, yes hot but terus rasa refresh. really it was a really nice experience.

CATZ said...

welcome home fren..
:)

kay karim said...

welcome back... (tone pejai tahir...)