Saturday, January 12, 2008

TOEFL Done... Here we go GRE!

It's done! I took it! It's over.. Now wait and pray...

Name: TOEFLiana (front) GREgory (back.. :-/ )

For those who already took the exam should know that there are 3 sessions in TOEFL and 1 essay, and this is how i feel about it:

1. Test of Written English, TWE (30 minutes - 1 essay)
- I think this one is okey, I hope I get at least 4/6 from this one

2. Listening: Session 1 (35 minutes - 50 questions)
- I hope I score on this, actually it was very confusing.. not like what i expected. The sample test given by ETS and the practice test that I've done, is about 30 - 50% easier than the real one. The conversation is longer and faster.. And on the last section, the professor talk not only speak faster but stammer while doing so. I don't know what to expect but I hope I don't do too many mistake. I should not be wrong more than 5.

3. Structure & Written: Session 2 (25 minutes - 40 questions)
- I'm SUCK! Really, I found it very difficult. 1st, my grammar is bad so obviously this will be a killer session for me. That is also the reason why I should score in other sections. I pray and hope I don't get it wrong more than 10. 25 minutes for 40 questions! Can you believe it? I barely finish this one. The truth is, I'm not confidant at all. Please.. not more than 10.. (pray..)

4. Reading Comprehension: Session 3 (55 minutes - 50 questions)
- Since obviously I have to score on this.. I think the work done. I did ok. I should get most of it correct. Maybe 1 or 2 wrongs but not more than 5.. I think.. I hope so.. But at the end of this session I get so stress after no rest start from listening session.. My head just feel like being compress.. but i made it to the end..

At the end of the exam.. I feel beaten! Tired! and RELEASE!
I do hope I achieve 580 mark. Really Really hope so..

What I can't understand is why we cannot write anything in the test book. Not a scratch.. Nothing or it will be considered as cheating. I don't understand. I also don't understand, why we can't go to the toilet? We can go.. but at your own risk. So, Run Lola Run... There is no gap at all on every session.. the exam is very stress because of the very limited time. Basically no time at all to look back at your answer.. and my head really feel like it's gonna explode.

I can't sleep last night and a night before last night (because of the anxiety I guess) .. So, I drank nescafe early in the morning as a support system for my brain.. and Pearl for my unrest body.. the result: I had to go to toilet 4 times before the exam start and 1 time after TWE.. Run Lola Run.. Too much sugar in my body system on the day of the very tight schedule exam..

This is my story of today.

No comments: